Sunday, March 28, 2010
American Stonehenge in Georgia
I came across this article at CNN it’s about the Elberton guide stones, I myself lived in Georgia for many years and had never heard of the Georgia Stonehenge as some call it, the stones located outside of Elberton about a 100 miles east of Atlanta in what was a farmer’s field have a gift shop and are something of a minor tourist attraction . The stones were commissioned by a man who used the name of R.C. Christian who hid his true identify. The only man who still knows the identity of the mysterious man is an old banker, a local named Wyatt Martin who says he made a gentleman’s agreement not to reveal the man’s true identify.
THE MESSAGE OF THE GEORGIA GUIDESTONES
1. Maintain humanity under 500,000,000 in perpetual balance with nature.
2. Guide reproduction wisely - improving fitness and diversity.
3. Unite humanity with a living new language.
4. Rule passion - faith - tradition - and all things with tempered reason.
5. Protect people and nations with fair laws and just courts.
6. Let all nations rule internally resolving external disputes in a world court.
7. Avoid petty laws and useless officials.
8. Balance personal rights with social duties.
9. Prize truth - beauty - love - seeking harmony with the infinite.